By Sam Johnson, Deputy Director of Cullinary | 1776
This month I wanted to do something a little different. Let’s talk about popcorn and all the fun you can have with it. In the picture above I made rosemary truffle popcorn. As apart of 4 course meal for the Cystic Fibrosis fund raising gala at the Ritz Carlton in DC. It was a fun night, and all the guest loved having it on the table. So whether it for night at home or a fancy dinner let’s all have more popcorn.
- 1/2 cup of Popping corn
- 1 tbsp oil (Use a neutral flavor oil like canola oil)
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup truffle oil
- 3 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Heat the oil, over medium heat, in a heavy bottomed pan with a lid.
- Add 2-3 corn kernels in it. Once they pop, add the remaining corn kernels and close the pan. Shake the pan as often as you can, keeping the lid intact, till the popping sound stops. Switch off heat.
- Add the salt, truffle oil, rosemary and garlic powder toss well.
- For little fun you can also add fresh grated parmesan, trust me its great add.