By Sam Johnson, Deputy Director of Cullinary | 1776
Now this is truly one of my favorites: The cajun burger with the pimento cheese will create a moment that your tastebuds won’t forget. My Recommendation is that you serve this on a Brioche bun. The slight sweetness of the bread with sharp cheese and saltiness makes the flavors come together wonderfully. This makes for a great fall BBQ menu idea. If by chance you have leftover pimento cheese, you can make yourself a delicious grilled cheese the next day!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine burger ingredients; shape into four patties. Cook in a skillet or grill over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Serve on buns; top with Pimento Cheese.
- 2 (8-ounce) sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Cup of White New York sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup of minced white onion
- ½ cup diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of Dukes Mayo
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until fully combined. Let sit in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.