By Sam Johnson, Deputy Director of Culinary | 1776
Herb Crusted Chicken is as tasty as it is good looking!
Brush a mustard sauce over chicken breasts and press a Parmesan herb breading on top. It’s an easy recipe for holidays and special occasions! The fresh herbs in the breading definitely make for a beautiful presentation. But, dried herbs will work too.
It’s the same breading used on Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin and is fantastic on salmon too.
- 5 4oz Chicken Breast
- 3 ½ Cups of Panko
- 1 ½ Cup of grated parmesan
- 1 Cup of Dijon Mustard
- 2 sticks of Salted butter
- 1 Bunch of Rosemary
- ½ Cup of lemon juice
- Pat chicken dry then arrange on baking sheet.
- Using a small spatula smear small amount of Dijon on each chicken breast also sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using a sauce pot melt butter and combine in Dijon mustard whisk until smooth add lemon juice.
- While that simmers, put breadcrumbs in bowl with parmesan and chopped rosemary. Then pour butter and mustard mixture over bread crumbs toss lightly.
- Then arrange mixture on top of chicken. Cook in 325 oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is done, and topping is golden brown.