By Sam Johnson
- 4 Sticks of Butter Softened
- 3 and 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 eggs
- 2 eggs yolk
- 1 ½ Cup of Buttermilk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
Allow butter and eggs to come to room temperature along with buttermilk
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan. You may need to line tube pan with waxed paper cake may rise above pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream 2 cups butter until soft and there are no lumps.
- Add 3 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar and cream until light and fluffy
- Then add buttermilk until fully mixed in.
- Add one egg at a time 10 large eggs, beating 1 minute after each addition.
- Lower speed on mixer to low and slowly add 4 cups all-purpose flour.
- Add vanilla & coconut extract and mix in completely.
- Pour batter into prepared tube or bundt pan. (If using a bundt pan, make sure it’s large enough for batter to double in size.)
- Make sure to slam pan on counter to get out any air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes.